Privacy verklaring

donderdag 25 juni 2015

Miscommunication

Maandag lag alles klaar om aan blok 3 van All Around the Town te beginnen, ...

On monday all was ready to start block 3 of the All Around the Town, ...


alle onderdelen netjes uitgeknipt en al snel was ik bezig met de vele raampjes die in dit blok komen. 


all parts where cut out and soon I was busy with the many windows that are in this block.


Je zou dan denken dat ik dit blok inmiddels wel af heb, maar nee hoor, ... er gebeurde namelijk iets ...
Miscommunicatie met mijn quiltnaald (Miscommunicatie ontstaat op het moment dat de ontvanger een boodschap anders ontvangt dan dat de zender deze bedoeld heeft.), ... dat was hier aan de hand ;-)
De quiltnaald begreep maar niet wat ik wilde en daardoor kwamen de meeste van mijn raampjes er scheef op te staan. Over en weer werden er harde woorden gesproken, maar beide bleven we eigenwijs, tot ik inzag dat deze relatie zo niet verder kon.
Ik heb hem de deur uit gezet en zijn vriend gevraagd of hij me gezelschap wilde houden. Deze nieuwe vriend begrijpt wat ik bedoel en nadat ik alle ramen verwijderd had, hebben we er samen nieuwe ingezet, tot ieders tevredenheid.
Ik wist niet dat een relatie met een quiltnaald zo intens kon zijn.

You should think that I finished the block by now, but that is not the case, because something happend ...
Miscommunication with my quilt needle (Miscommunication occurs at the time that the recipient receives a message other than that the sender intended.), ... that was going on here;-)
The quilt needle didn't understood what I wanted and as a result, most of my windows where crooked. There were harsh words spoken over and over again, but we both remained pigheaded, until I realised that this relationship didn't work anymore.
I send it out the door, and asked his friend if he wanted to keep me company. This new friend knows what I want and after I had removed  all the windows, we put new ones in, to everyone's satisfaction.
I did not know that a relationship with a quilt needle could be so intense.


==========

Vandaag kreeg ik hele leuke post van Trini (klik) uit Spanje. Ze nam vorige week contact met me op en zei dat ze me iets wilde sturen. Zomaar, ... omdat ze mijn blog zo leuk vindt.
Ze stuurde me een prachtig naaldenmapje wat ze zelf gemaakt had. Het is schitterend gemaakt en ik ben er heel erg blij mee. Trini nogmaals bedankt !

Today I got some wonderful post from Trini (click) from Spain. She contacted me last week and said she would love to send me something because she loves my blog.
She send me a beautiful handmade needlecase. It is so beautiful and I'm realy happy with it. Trini thanks again !





9 opmerkingen:

Triniki zei

Ha sido un placer, querida!!
Besos y abrazos.

Carol Swift zei

Those quilt needles can be so cranky. Glad you won the argument and got sewing again on that cute house. Love the needlecase!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname zei

I am so sorry you had to divorce your quilting needle! I wish you more success with your new beau.
Those windows do look rather fiddly though.
Lovely needle are, what a kind gift.

Julie zei

What a naughty needle...
Such a beautiful gift.

Flickenstichlerin zei

Dear Carin,
congratulations on this wonderful gift from Trini, it is beautiful.
I have experienced dull needles, because I do not want to throw anything away, make me sew less pretty stitches and it is frustrating too. So sometimes we just have to part with our recent needle and make friends with a new one.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Truus zei

Leuk verhaal over je relatie met je quiltnaald! Zal de volgende keer dat mij iets niet lukt ook maar eens een hartig woordje uitwisselen met mijn naald.(lol)
Lief dat je dit leuke naaldenboekje kreeg.
voor jou vele zonnige dagen.
groetjes Truus uit Drenthe

Anoniem zei

What a beautiful gift. It's certainly the case that inanimate objects can sometimes have personalities and seemingly wills of their own! I always tell my daughter to speak nicely to the computer and the car...

Mary - Lecoeurceltique zei

What a beautiful gift.

StitchinByTheLake zei

I've had that same miscommunication with my needle before too Carin! What a sweet friend to send you that lovely gift....blessings, marlene