Privacy verklaring

donderdag 8 oktober 2015

LHN and CCN pumpkin

Allereerst dank jullie wel voor de lieve en leuke komplimenten op de Dear Diary Virtues quilt. De quilt is heerlijk warm en zelfs Bowy geniet ervan.

First of all thank you all for the lovely comments on the Dear Diary Virtues quilt. The quilt is warm and cozy and even Bowy likes it.


Stilzitten, ... dat woord staat niet in mijn woordenboek en dus ging ik aan de slag met mijn borduurnaald. Aangezien het nog geen 15 oktober was, wilde ik nog iets maken voor de LHN en CCN wedstrijd. Je mocht meerdere inzendingen doen.
Ik koos 5 patronen (3 van LHN en 2 van CCN) en borduurde van elk patroon een klein gedeelte op een lap naast elkaar.

Sitting still, ... that word isn't in my dictionary and so I took my cross stitch needle to stitch something. It still isn't october 15, so I made something else for the LHN and CCN contest. You could do more than one entry.
I choose 5 patterns (3 from LHN and 2 from CCN) and I stitch from each pattern a little part next to each other on one piece of fabric.


Daarna maakte ik hiervan een pompoen. Voor het steeltje gebruikte ik een kaneelstokje en van vilt maakte ik 2 blaadjes die ik bevestigde op een klein beetje spaans mos.

Then I made it into a pumpkin. For the stem I used a cinnamon stick and from felt I made two leaves which I attach to some Spanish moss.

Patterns used: 
LHN - Acorn Hill, Autumn Band Sampler, Two White Houses
CCN - Harvest Girl from the Fall Festival series, Pumpkin Cottage
Fabric: 28 ct. tea dyed evenweave
Threads: DMC (436, 898, 975, 3051, 3052, 3371, 3820, 3853, 3854)


20 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Werkelijk waar, wat ben je een bezige bij!!! Deze pompoen is ook weer zo mooi geworden. Ik heb echt bewondering voor wat je allemaal maakt. En die rand van de quilt is ook zo mooi doorgequilt. Echt genieten. Fijne dag nog. Groetjes Wilma

Julie zei

You are so very creative Carin, that little creation is wonderful. The ladies at Lhn and Ccn will be asking if they can use your idea.

Anoniem zei

Wat prachtig Carin en zo creatief. Wat mij betreft een prijs waard!
Groetjes, Evelien

Juicybear zei

Wat is jou pompoen mooi geworden zeg echt een heel leuk idee ik vind hem super ook je quilt is erg mooi geworden en dan ook nog zo snel toppie hoor.
Groetjes Anneke

Susan zei

Bowy looks very cute in the new quilt. Love your pumpkin cross stitch.

Hilda zei

Oh my god! This pumpkin is just stunning! What a great idea. I love!!!

Hugs
Hilda

Mii Stitch zei

Wow!! What a clever idea!!!! Love your stitched pumpkin :)

CATHI zei

Wonderful idea! Excellent! Congratulations to your amazing pumpkin! :o)

Cathi

Nat zei

Hi, Carin! Your pumpkin is great! Where can I find some tutorial that to make this pumpkin?

Carin zei

Nat I didn't use a tutorial. I just sew the sides together and than took a perle thread and did a running stitch on the bottom. Pull tight. At the top you also do a runningstitch with a perle thread, than fill the pumpkin till its full and pull the thread tightly.
Put in a cinnamon stick and make some leaves ;-)

Truus zei

COMPLIMENTEN Carin!!!
Geweldig wat een leuk idee is dit.
Als je nu niet voor een prijs in aanmerking komt dan weet ik het niet meer.
Wanneer is de uitslag? Worden nog spannende weken!
groetjes,Truus uit Drenthe

Carin zei

Truus ik denk dat de uitslag niet lang na 15 oktober bekend wordt gemaakt. Spanend !

Flickenstichlerin zei

Dear Carin,
this is just lovely. What a wonderful punkin. Great idea, it looks great.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Triniki zei

Es preciosa, Carin. Te felicito, un beso.

Marilyn zei

OMG!
That Pumpkin is too darn cute!
Good luck with your entry.
I think the Virtues quilt is Bowy's quilt now. :)
Marilyn

Cécile zei

Zeeeeeeeeer mooi je pompoen

Kay zei

I love your special pumpkin, it is such a creative idea. x

Hélène et Mahélia zei

I DO admire your imagination !!!
I don't regret being one of your surbscribers !!

MERCI BEAUCOUP !!
DANK JE WELL CARIN !!!

Nat zei

Thanks, Carin! I'll try))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname zei

Oh my goodness, is there no end to your talents and imagination?
The speed of your needles impresses me too.