Privacy verklaring

maandag 8 november 2010

Roses from the past

Last week I took the fabric of this quilt to look how the pattern was en how large each piece of fabric must be. I cut all the fabric on the right lenght and started to sew. I always make my quilts by hand and not on the machine. Here is a update of the quilt. I'm almost half done with the borders. 3 sides has now 3 borders and 1 side has 4 borders. I hope to sew a bit more today.

Last weekend my daughter came with her friend and my son came with his girlfriend to celebrate my birthday and they gave me a Dutch quiltbook: The history of the Dutch quilt from An Moonen. They knew I wanted this book for a long time but never bought it for myself. But now I have it and it is a wonderful book !!



4 opmerkingen:

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com zei

Wat een prachtig blok en inderdaad een heel mooi boek! Nog van harte.
Groetjes, Cisca

Marylin /Poussy zei

oh it's very very nice !
marylin france

Tineke Machiela zei

heel mooi Carin...en nog van harte met je verjaardag.sorry dat het te laat is....
groetjes Tineke

Solstitches zei

This is gorgeous!
Such lovely colours you are using for this quilt.

Margaret