Privacy verklaring

vrijdag 19 november 2010

Christmas bell and an award

I have been busy with making things I can't show yet because these are surprises for some people. One thing arrived yesterday so that one I can show now.

On a Dutch yahoogroup we have every year a wishlist. You can write down a wish and someone else can full fill that wish. I saw that Simone ask for a primitive christmas ornament so I made one for her. I stitched and made the Christmas bell from Stacy Nash for her and she loved it !

On the bottom I attached a rusty bell

On the back I put some fabric with moose because I now she love these animals

~~~~~~

From Christine I got the Beautiful Blogger Award

I love reading her blog because she writes so lovely and showing beautiful pictures of Scotland. I love that country very much. We where there in 2004 on the Isle of Mull and fell in love with Scotland (especialy the puffins LOL), it has so beautiful landscapes and one day we will go there again for a holliday.

With this award there are some string attached :-) I must write down 5 things that you readers don't know about me... Mmmmm that is hard because I write down about anything I think hihihi ... But I will give it a try ....

1. Did you know that my favorite drink is ..... COFFEE. I drink it all day, from the time I wake up till I go to bed again. I just love coffee !!! Sometimes I drink a cup of herbal tea but that is mostly in the summer. I don't drink limonade or other juice. No I'm a coffee junk :-)

2. When I'm not busy with quilting and cross stich I love to play on the Nintendo Wii. I love the game tv quiz where they ask you many questions and you have to give the right one or I love to play golf. I also love the games of Super Mario.

3. I just love reading about the Amish people. I love how they live and when I see a article about them I just have to read it. I also love seeing pictures of there livestyle and love to read books about them !!

4. When I watch tv most times it is not a Dutch channel but we love to watch English channels, such as BBC,  National Geographic Channel, Discovery or Animal Planet. On the BBC they have a program called Eggheads and I watch that every night, I love to find out if  I know the answer to the questions.

5. I collect videotapes (yes the old ones) and dvd's about Pippi Longstocking, a figure from Astrid Lindgren. I also have some books about Pippi, the one I read when I was young. I loved to watch the tv series when I was young. I just love Pippi !! Maybe because Pippi loved all kind of funny things just like me. I love many styles (in crafts and in the house) such as primitive country style, romantic style, a crazy funny style. All kind of styles except modern :-)

So know you now a bit more about me and now comes the hard part. I must pass this award to 5 other people who blogs I love to read but there are so many I love to read, so I'm thinking and thinking ....

1. Siobhan, I love her blog and her cross stitching projects are a joy to watch, so beautiful.

2. Gina, I discoverd her blog some time ago and love to see all the beautiful things she is making.

3. Nina, a friend who I got to know for some time now and she dye so beautiful threads. I just love working with her threads !! She also makes the most beautiful things and I just love reading her blog.

4. Nataly, she also make so beautiful things and it is a joy to see the pictures of her dog Daisy.

5. Thearica (I just love her name). I discovered her blog a month or 2 ago and I love to read it. She makes so beautiful quilts and currently she is organizing a pincushion swap (yes I joined that one).

So that where 5 blogs I love to read but that doesn't mean I don't love ALL the other blogs I read, because I DO !! I love so many blogs but when I write them down there would be a very long list :-)
To all the readers of my blog ... I just LOVE you all and your blogs and I have get to know so many new people online and they all have a special place in my heart. Thank you all for your lovely commetns each times !!

9 opmerkingen:

Jane zei

Gorgeous festive bell Carin, I'm not surprised Simone was thrilled with it.
Congrats on the award, you deserve it xxx

natalysneedle zei

Carin, Thanks for the comment about my blog. I am new to this and love knowing that someone out there is reading and enjoying my blog. Congrats on your award.

Márti zei

Beautiful! I love it! :)

Abby zei

Hi Carin! I wanted to pass on a Stylish Blogger Award to you! You can find the directions on how to pay it forward and claim your award at http://www.livebeginsat30.blogspot.com. Congrats! Your just cleaning house with all the blogger awards!

Anoniem zei

Carin, well done on not one but two blog awards in one day!! Well deserved. I too am fascinated by the Amish. But I have to say I wouldn't have pegged you as a Wii-er or a trivia nut! I look forward to discovering the blogs you've picked.

Siobhán zei

Carin, thank you so much for thinking of me with the award! I really appreciate it so much. I enjoyed reading about you! I love coffee, the Amish, and Pippi Longstocking, too! I never saw the TV programs for it but loved the books when I was little. I also enjoy Discovery and History channel shows, too. So fascinating!

Great job on the bell! Your finishing is wonderful.

Erna zei

Hoi Carin wat een leuke kerstbel....en gefeliciteerd met je award.....

Nina zei

Carin, this bell is so "belle" :)) And thanks for the blogger award, you are so kind :)

Micki zei

The bell is just os unique and beauitful!
Micki